Choosing the right fish for your new aquarium is what will define the failure or the success of your tank. However, adding a new fish to a new aquarium is so exciting, but unfortunately, a lot of novices make the same mistake when bringing new fishes to their newly set up aquarium, either they add too many fish at the same time, or they choose the wrong fish type, and they end up losing some of them or all of them sometimes. Avoid these mistakes by following these basics on How To Choose The Right Fish For Your Aquarium:
Yeah, it’s fascinating when you look at all these beautiful fish at the pet shop, but wait a second, first make sure to take the word “Balancing” into consideration. Start with only two or three fish. You can slowly add an additional fish when the aquarium tank is stable and the nitrogen cycle is regular too. The same will be applied when adding the next round of fish. “BALANCING” – you should add just two or tree at a time.
Key elements in choosing fish
tend to choose them based only on their looking, ignoring some of the important factors to think about. Here is some qualities that must have in fish:
- Easy to feed , and they can accept different type of foods.
- Stand in front of a variety of water conditions, especially the water conditions during the startup.
- Fish who don’t tend to be aggressive.
- Fish who doesn’t grow larger.
- If you are not creating a single fish species tank, then make the fish are compatible with your existing fish.